The Information Technology Department renders functional support to the ISCAL bodies.
The Information Technology Department is responsible for:
- Supporting users in the use of information and communication technologies;
- Planning, implementing, configuring and managing the internal network of computers and the communication systems involved in its interconnection with networks outside ISCAL;
- Managing the information system, detecting and correcting anomalies, ensuring the necessary operational conditions;
- Participating in the carrying out of the necessary actions for rationalization, simplification and modernization of the administrative circuits and information support resorting to new information technologies.
- Managing and ensuring the maintenance of the whole information system, promoting its accessibility to the different sectors of ISCAL, through profiles attributed in the scope of the installed computer applications;
- Supporting the employees, professors and non professors, of ISCAL in all application-related questions;
- Carrying out systematic audits to the use of the computer science system and to the coherence of its information;
- Guiding and assuring the computerization of the management of the Services and supporting the development of solutions that better satisfy the needs of ISCAL;
- Defining, designing and studying of other computer applications of interest for activities of an administrative and financial nature;
- Promoting training in the field of information technology, both at an internal and external level;
- Preparing an annual report and activity plan;
Issuing opinions and preparing proposals on the acquisition of requested computer equipment and software;
- Ensuring the management of the clocking in system and queue control;
- Monitoring the functioning of the e-learning platform;
- Presenting well founded proposals for procedure manuals and regulation projects;
- Ensuring the activities resulting from the law, administrative regulations, or those assigned by the President of ISCAL are performed.