The Information and Documentation Service (SID) is a service of scientific, pedagogical support and of support to research and management in the fields of information and documentation.
SID is composed by the library, the media library, with semi-active and permanent archives, as well as other services that may be created.
The Information and Documentation Service is responsible for:
- Promoting the use of the resources provided by the new document technologies;
- Rendering support in the area of information management, to the management bodies, Areas and services of the institute;
- Making available information to the external community, namely through institutional protocols approved by the President;
- Managing the semi-active and permanent archives of the institute, ensuring the measures of preservation deemed necessary;
- Proposing, in accordance with the guidelines established by the Technical - Scientific and Pedagogical Committees, editorial initiatives related with the
- activities of the institute;
- Ensuring the cataloging, classification, indexation and quotation of the items entered into the Library;
- Ensuring the preparation of statistics related with the services;
- Proposing acquisitions, organizing and keeping reference and usuals collections up-to-date;
- Ensuring face to face consultation, home loan and inter library loan;
- Collecting, organising and disclosing all the documentation of scientific and pedagogical interest and in support of the services, in the scope of the semi-active
- and permanent archives;
- Ensuring the update of the technological resources of support to information management;
- Encourage the update of the documentary nucleus;
- Give the necessary support to the processes of documentary research carried out by the users of the service;
- Monitor the state of use of the fixed assets assigned to SID;
- Presenting well founded proposals for procedure manuals and regulation projects;
- Ensuring the activities resulting from the law, administrative regulations, or those assigned by the President of ISCAL are performed.